Sunday, November 9, 2008

The process










































I thought I would show a bit of the process in which i make new characters.
This little dude is a commissioned drawing that will be put onto organic baby onesies (links to come in the next few months).

I start things off with a quick doodle. I then scan it in and trace it in Macromedia Flash. I then play with the smoothness of the lines, drawing different faces, trying different colors.
I love working digitally because its so easy to try so many different things without losing your original work. I also like the "undo" button - something that i always want when i'm oil painting!
The next step will be to decide on the face and body that works best. I will then color him and add shadows and highlights.
Final image to be posted soon!

3 comments:

Trin said...

Oh, this is awesome! Great to see this kinda thing- very interesting.

capitolagirl said...

I always enjoy reading about the process! Very cool ;-)

KitschKrafts said...

Hi Fellow Retro Handmade Teammate!
I wanted to give you an award because I love the look of your creations and I enjoy reading your blog. Stop by to pick it up when you get a chance!

http://www.kitschdesigns.com/post/Blog-Award--Very-Cool!.aspx

Take Care!
E